I think there should be a discussion here for this.  It's all fair game.  I'm going to start it off with something way out in left field.

Views: 441

Replies to This Discussion

Good catch regardless. 

This sultana appears to be a sternwheeler. The real sultana was a sidewheeler

OK, I've mentioned before that I like spaghetti westerns, and that some of them contain elements that might be considered to be steampunk.  In fact, I've been thinking of typing up what I'd call an introduction to spaghetti westerns for steampunks, but that's still something for another day.

So right now, I'm watching a film called "The Dirty Outlaws".  It's a spaghetti western with English dubbing, but I have to wonder if the translator(s) were British.  As the film begins, a man is about to be lynched.  Another man who looks to be a preacher rides up, and asks the mob what the man has done, and one of them replies: "He pinched a horse!"  That made me laugh, for even though I realize "pinched" was being used in the British sense of "stole", my first thought was: "What?  Do you mean he's some kind of animal abuser, or beastiality pervert?"     Heh.

Well, not exactly a Western, although there is at least one Western themed episode, I'm watching "The Secret Adventures of Jules Vern" for the third time.  This time around I noticed something odd, and familiar about the revolver used by the character of Phileas Fogg (played by Michael Praed).  It looked an awful lot like a LeMat.  It turns out that it IS a LeMat, as confirmed by the Internet Movie Firearms Database.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Alexander Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Listen to this station